Network Engineer Job in Phoenix, Arizona : AZ
Looking for Network Engineer Jobs? See currently available Network Engineer job openings on network-engineer.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
network-engineer.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any network engineer job . We provide job resources for Network Engineer positions throughout the industry. network-engineer.jobs.net also provides Network Engineer jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Network Engineer by either city or state.
network-engineer.jobs.net is a network engineer job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Network Engineer jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your network engineer job search on network-engineer.jobs.net today.
Network Engineer Job Description
- This position is responsible for network engineer services including technical support, planning, forecasting, designing, project management, installation, monitoring and maintenance of the converged data/voice network.
- Assists in the technical support, problem resolution, planning, forecasting, designing, implementation and managing of the converged data/voice network that includes wired and wireless technologies.
- Performs software and hardware installations and relocates hardware as required.
- Monitors and tunes the assigned network for optimal performance, including providing preventative maintenance during scheduled intervals.
- Monitors the network for unauthorized activities; maintains network security.
- Act as a primary interface with equipment vendors for resolving problems.
- Participate in a 24 x 7 on-call rotation to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Participates in the establishment of an operation plan for the network to ensure optimum reliability.
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures require modification.
- Assists in development of new policies and procedures as necessary.
- Provides input to management for network design, procurement of network equipment and supplies.
- Prepares and maintains technical documentation to guide network users and to assist with the ongoing operation, maintenance, and development of the network.
Phoenix Network Engineer Job
Network Engineer Job Requirements
- 5-8 years experience as Network Engineer Required
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, management, staff and equipment vendors.
- Knowledge of secure network switching/routing and layer 1 cabling.
- Knowledge of research methods and techniques for networking solutions.
- Skills in the design and configuration of information technology systems.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and present research findings
- Ability to analyze specifications and design documents.
- Ability to conceive a variety of solutions to functional problems and to reduce abstract ideas to easily understood procedures.
- Experience in design specification development, data communications security and privacy techniques.
- Form and report design experience and knowledge of security processes, regulations, codes, ordinances and terminology.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a closely related field and one (1) year of experience with wide and local area networks including experience with common-carrier data network.
- An equivalent combination of post-secondary education and job-related experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis.